Google has released a small bug-fix update, named as Android 11 Beta 2.5, for Pixel phones. In order to download it for your phone, all the official links have been compiled in this guide. With the major Beta 2 release launched earlier this month, this decimal launch brings in bug fixes that are dedicated towards improving the whole Android R experience for Pixel owners. There were numerous problems that surfaced with the launch of Android 11 Beta 2 and finally now, they are being fixed in latest Android 11 Beta 2.5. Available for the same set of devices as before, read ahead to find the official download links to complete factory images.
We thought the older Beta 1.5 build was a one-off but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Google, this year, has started launching .5 builds that are targeted towards addressing smaller bugs. Fundamentally, these updates don’t bring anything new but they do improve the experience hence the decimal increment. Most recent Android 11 Beta 2.5 is Available for Pixel 2 / 2 XL, Pixel 3 / 3 XL, Pixel 3a / 3a XL and Pixel 4 / 4 XL phones.
Android 11 Beta 2.5 – Minor Bug Fix Update
Android 11 released platform stability with Beta 2, this Beta 2.5 update only addresses couple of issues within the original 2 release rather than introducing anything fundamental. All the issues addressed and bugs fixed have been officially addressed by Google in the following notes:
- Fixed issues that prevented a user from hearing or recording audio in apps after they made a VoIP call.
- The notification drawer no longer fails to appear sometimes when a user swipes down from the top of the screen.
- The screen no longer flickers on some devices when the screen is set to a low brightness level.
- Fixed various issues that could cause devices to reboot intermittently.
- The navigation bar no longer appears in cases when it wouldn’t normally display, such as during a device restart.
- Some Pixel 4/XL devices that have taken more than one Android 11 update are no longer blocked from receiving an OTA back to Android 10.
- Video recording is no longer interrupted sometimes when using the Camera app.
- The Dialer app no longer uses the speakerphone sometimes as the default audio device.
- In the Messages app, the RCS chat features no longer get stuck sometimes in the Connecting state.
To get these updates served directly on your phone, you can sign up for the Beta program. For manual installation, especially from a non-official ROM or even phones running root, use the Android R Beta 2.5 factory images ahead.
Download Android 11 Beta 2.5 Images
The release timeline hasn’t been modified with this minor update launch. Google is still set to release another beta in Q3 of 2020 before final release.
To download the images, there are two ways: download factory images and flash manually or use Android Flash Tool. We have listed them both ahead.
Use Factory Images
Here are the official download links available for compatible Pixel smartphones:
Download system factory image for Pixel 4 XL (coral): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 4 (flame): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 3a XL (bonito): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 3a (sargo): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 3 (blueline): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 2 XL (taimen): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Download system factory image for Pixel 2 (walleye): Download Android 11 Beta 2.5
Use Android Flash Tool
Alternatively, users can also utilize Android Flash Tool to flash the files manually. Flash Tool is Google’s automated web-app that will automate the process of downloading firmware files and flashing it on your phone. You would need to have ADB / Fastboot utilities, proper USB drivers installed on your computer along with a compliant web browser such as Google Chrome.
To install Android 11 Beta 2.5 using Android Flash Tool follow this link:
We can’t wait for the stable release to be live in the next few months, do let us know about your feedback about Android R Beta 1 in the comments below.