OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro Android 11 Beta is now available and you can can download it immediately with this guide. Just yesterday Google launched Android R Beta for its Pixel phones. Following suit, OnePlus is now also providing its customers with an early look into Android 11. Compared to OxygenOS 10 which was based on older Android 10, this beta build brings loads of new features, improved UI and various other tweaks. To try it out and install it on your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro, we have official firmware download links ahead.
Android 11 promises a lot of new things: better security, more control over privacy and improved performance. Rather than waiting for a stable roll-out to bring these features over, OnePlus lets users be at the cutting edge of development through its Beta program. Unlike stable, these build releases are not rigorously tested therefore bugs can pop-up. Despite the trade-off, it is a great opportunity to test out new Android especially on a non-Pixel device.
OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro Android 11 Beta Details
Android 11 can be dealt with as a refinement release to Android 10. With UI mostly the same as before, users will feel right at home when they test out Android R. Fundamentally, Google has reworked various core modules, added in new functionality and improved controls over existing features. For a technical change-log, you can refer to Google’s Android 11 Beta release notes here.
Problems that have been identified in Android 11 Beta for OnePlus 8 Series:
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Face unlock is unavailable
- Google Assistant (“OK Google”) does not work
- Video calling does not work
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Download OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro Android 11 Beta
OnePlus has released complete firmware packages for Android 11 Beta. Download these for your corresponding device and then use the steps ahead to install them on your phone.
- OnePlus 8 Android 11 Beta
- OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11 Beta
How to Install Android 11 Beta on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
Once you have the files downloaded, here is the complete procedure on how to upgrade your OnePlus phone with Android R Beta.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
That’s all! You should now be able to test out Android 11 on your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro.