OnePlus 8 is being updated with OxygenOS 10.5.8 firmware whereas, OnePlus 8 Pro is getting new OxygenOS 10.5.10. To download these latest update files manually, use the official links given ahead. OnePlus has rolled out a major, feature-filled update for both its OnePlus 8 series phones. Further, these new packages include bug-fixes, May 2020 security patch, camera improvements and more. Without waiting for the OTA update notification to arrive on the device itself, users can immediately download official OxygenOS firmware files linked ahead and proceed to install them manually.
Based on Android 10, just as the last stable update, these new builds equip both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro with new software features and functionality. Starting from the system, this update promises better touch input and battery performance. Then there is improvement to camera performance with support for H.265 code, ultra-wide-angle lens feature and new click animation of camera shutter. To experience these new features and more, download OxygenOS 10.5.8 and OxygenOS 10.5.10 update for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro from ahead.
OxygenOS 10.5.8 / 10.5.10 Update for OnePlus 8 / OnePlus 8 Pro
For OnePlus 8, the build code is OxygenOS 10.5.8 whereas for OnePlus 8 Pro, the build code is OxygenOS 10.5.10. Despite varying build numbers, the changes are same for both phones.
Here is the official change-log listing down all features and improvements in latest OxygenOS update for OnePlus 8 / OnePlus 8 Pro:
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the wireless charging stability, providing better user experience (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the pocket mode to reduce mistouches
- Optimized the unlocking animation, making the unlock transition smoother
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.05
- Updated GMS package to 2020.03
- Added the “Delete” button in the notification bar of incoming messages
- Added keyword whitelist option in SMS blocking settings, the messages with the specified keywords will not be blocked
- Newly added H.265 HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Added auto ultra-wide-angle lens feature when shooting at close range to improve picture quality of edges (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the click animation for camera shutter, boosting the smoothness of photo-taking experience
- Improved the shooting experience with camera and improved stability
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
- Game Space
- Added Epic Games in Game Space. With one-step installation, check out Fortnite and many other Epic Games, all from Game Space
This update is classed as an official, stable build. It w
Download Stable OxygenOS 10.5.8 / 10.5.10 Firmware for OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro
Regardless of how the underlying Android version remains the same — Android 10 — as older stable firmware, there are various changes that make the update important and a must-install. Further, use the ahead links to restore your OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T to factory settings after root or custom ROM install.
Download the correct files corresponding to your device. Do note that these are official ZIP packages that can be directly flashed.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 10.5.8 Update [Full OTA]:
- For India (IN21DA)
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 10.5.10 Update [Full OTA]:
- For India (IN11DA)
If you run into any problems with the download, let us know in the comments! Again, these are complete update files that can be used to install OxygenOS on OnePlus 8 / OnePlus 8 Pro.