Here we will explain how to download and install OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers on a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. The new 8 series from OnePlus features some staggering hardware specifications, especially on the new OnePlus 8 Pro. With storage specs starting from 128GB on all models, users would definitely be looking to store and transfer lot of content on their phone. Now, to transfer data reliably from your computer, you would need to make sure you have proper OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers installed and configured.
In our guide ahead we will take you through complete steps required for installing OnePlus 8 Pro drivers. As with all Android phones, each manufacturer requires its own proprietary drivers to be installed on computers so that the phone can communicate properly — be it Windows or mac OS. This communication includes data transfers, utilities such as ADB / Fastboot and more. So, in order to install OnePlus 8 Pro drivers on your computer, you can read our complete step-by-step guide ahead which also included download links.
Download OnePlus 8 Pro USB Drivers
It is an essential part of getting a new phone to setup proper USB drivers on your computer so your content can be transferred over. Be it photos, movies, videos or any other file, correct drivers will ensure reliable drivers on your OnePlus 8 phone. Further, they will also ensure that your getting maximum transfer rates as well.
In the headings following, we will be covering how Windows users as well as Mac users can configure their computers with OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers. As a bonus, we are also including details for setting up ADB / Fastboot utilities which are useful for app developers and enthusiasts.
OnePlus 8 Pro USB Drivers for Windows 10
Here are the latest OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers you can download for Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 7. You can pick your phone below from the list:
NOTE: These drivers for OnePlus 8 series phones are only designed to work on Windows PC. For Mac or Linux systems, there is a different method to connect your device that we have discussed ahead along with different OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers.
How to Connect OnePlus 8 Pro to Windows PC
Here is the complete procedure on how to connect OnePlus 8 Pro for data transfer. Through these steps you can connect your OnePlus 8 Pro with Windows PC:
- Step 1 – Download OnePlus 8 USB Drivers from the links above and install it on your computer. After installation, you will not see any new icons on desktop and programs list.
- Step 2 – Connect your OnePlus 8 to the PC with a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device and install / setup necessary files and drivers.
- Step 4 – You will notice several files being installed. Once completed, open My Computer or This PC to find your phone.
- Step 5 – Double-click on your phone and now you are ready to browse through your OnePlus 8 Pro on Windows PC.
Download OnePlus 8 Pro Drivers for Mac
For Mac, to connect your OnePlus 8 Pro, you need to follow a different procedure as compared to Windows. Creators of Android, Google, provides a small utility that you can use to connect any Android phone and transfer content. This tool is called Android File Transfer and it is available for free download below. In our tests, the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina.
Android File Transfer comes with basic functionality to manage files and folders on the OnePlus 8 series devices. You can drag-and-drop files from your MacBook to the phone, create new folders to organize data or even delete files that you no longer need.
To make this work, you only need your OnePlus 8 Pro phone with you and a USB-C cable to connect your phone. We highly recommend using the USB-C cable that came with your phone inside the box for best data transfer speeds and no compatibility issues.
After you have the utility downloaded on your macOS machine, these are the steps you need to follow to configure it:
- Step 1 – Download Android File Transfer and install it on your Mac computer.
- Step 2 – Connect your OnePlus 8 Pro with the computer using a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device. It may take a few seconds more if this is your first time connecting a new Android device.
- Step 4 – Tap ‘Allow‘ on your phone screen to allow the phone to communicate with the computer.
- Step 5 – Android File Transfer window will automatically open up with your internal phone memory directories.
After completing the procedure, verify by copying over files to your OnePlus 8 Pro.
OnePlus 8 Pro ADB / Fastboot Drivers
For developers who want to run and test apps on their OnePlus 8 Pro or even for enthusiasts who are looking to install custom recoveries and other mods, Fastboot drivers are essential. Relying on core Android, these drivers work with your phone to provide system-level access for your computer. To set up ADB and Fastboot using Android SDK / Android Studio, we have separate tutorials for Windows and Mac.
If you don’t plan on installing Android SDK, you can also directly download Fastboot and ADB utilities for your OnePlus 8 Pro with the following link:
How to Enable Files Transfer Mode on OnePlus 8 Pro
By default, your OnePlus 8 Pro is not set to transfer files between your phone and a computer when you connect it with a USB cable. Not sure if this is for security purposes, but you need to enable it every time you connect your OnePlus 8 Pro to PC or Mac. You can follow these steps to enable File Transfer mode:
- Step 1 – Connect your OnePlus 8 Pro to a Windows PC / MacBook with a USB-C cable.
- Step 2 – Once connected, by default you will be on “Charge only” mode.
- Step 3 – To enable transfer files, go to Settings on your phone.
- Step 4 – Navigate to “System” -> “Bluetooth & device connection” -> “USB” -> choose “File Transfer”
- Step 5 – Select this option if you want to enable your phone storage for your computer.
That’s all, your computer should now be installed with proper OnePlus 8 Pro USB drivers! You are now completely set to transfer files from your computer to your OnePlus 8 Pro, use third-party utilities and even ADB / Fastboot.
If you ran into issues with downloads or steps, do let us know in the comments!