Download the latest Samsung Galaxy S20 drivers for Windows and Mac here. This article will help you setup and install the correct USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra phones. These new flagship phones have just started shipping to buyers and with that, a lot of you would need help with how to connect Galaxy S20 to PC. Samsung recently updated their USB drivers EXE file to support all the new phones they have recently launched with Android 10 and One UI 2.0.
Once the drivers are installed, you will be able to transfer all your media files and other content to the Samsung Galaxy S20. And for those who bought this phone for development purposes, we have also linked the latest ADB and Fastboot tools for the Galaxy S20. So let’s dive right in on how to install drivers for the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra.
Download Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra USB Drivers
Once you start setting up your new phone, the first thing you will need is to connect the Galaxy S20 to a computer and transfer all your previous phone data to this new one. And for that, your PC will only recognize the Galaxy S20+ / S20 Ultra phone when it would have the correct USB drivers installed. A powerful computer tool like the Samsung Smart Switch can also help you backup Galaxy S20 phones, if ever needed.
We have listed below the methods on how to get the Galaxy S20 USB drivers on Windows and Mac computers. In case you are not able to download or install these drivers on your PC, let us know in the comments below so we could help you out.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Drivers for Windows 10:
Here are the latest Samsung Galaxy S20 USB drivers you can download for Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 7. You can pick your phone below from the list:
|Samsung Galaxy S20||Download USB Driver|
|Samsung Galaxy S20+ / S20 Plus||Download USB Driver|
|Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra||Download USB Driver|
NOTE: These drivers for Galaxy S20 are only supported on Windows PC. For Mac or Linux systems, there is a different method to connect Galaxy S20 that we have discussed below.
How to Connect Galaxy S20 to Windows PC
We have listed down these simple steps to connect the Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus / S20 Ultra with Windows PC:
- Step 1 – Download Samsung Galaxy S20 USB Drivers from the links above and install it on your computer. After installation, you will not see any new icons on desktop and programs list.
- Step 2 – Connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to the PC with a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device and install / setup necessary files and drivers.
- Step 4 – You will notice several files being installed. Once completed, open My Computer or This PC to find your phone.
- Step 5 – Double-click on your phone and now you are ready to browse through your Samsung Galaxy S20 on the Windows PC.
Download Samsung Galaxy S20 USB Drivers for Mac
As mentioned before, the process to connect the Galaxy S20 to a macOS / OS X computer is relatively easier and slightly different from Windows. Google has a small tool that you can use to connect any Android phone and transfer content. This tool is called Android File Transfer and it is available for free download below. In our tests, the Samsung Galaxy S20 is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina.
Android File Transfer comes with basic functionality to manage files and folders on the Samsung Galaxy S20 phones. You can drag-and-drop files from your MacBook to the phone, create new folders to organize data or even delete files that you no longer need.
To make this work, you only need your Samsung Galaxy S20 phone with you and a USB-C cable to connect your phone. We highly recommend using the USB-C cable that came with your phone inside the box for best data transfer speeds and no compatibility issues.
Once downloaded and installed, follow these easy steps to start transferring files between your Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus / S20 Ultra phones and the macOS computer:
- Step 1 – Download Android File Transfer and install it on your Mac computer.
- Step 2 – Connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 with the computer using a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device. It may take a few seconds more if this is your first time connecting a new Android device.
- Step 4 – Tap ‘Allow‘ on your phone screen to allow the phone to communicate with the computer.
- Step 5 – Android File Transfer window will automatically open up with your internal phone memory directories.
You should now be able to manage all your Samsung Galaxy S20 files and folders from your Mac.
Samsung Galaxy S20 ADB / Fastboot Drivers
Just like every other Android phone, you also need ADB and Fastboot for the Samsung Galaxy S20 phones if you plan on doing any development work on them. ADB and Fastboot tools are very useful if you want to develop Android apps, test them or debug them properly. We have done tutorials on how to set up ADB and Fastboot using Android SDK / Android Studio on Windows and Mac.
However, if you are here to only download ADB and Fastboot tools for the Samsung Galaxy S20, you do not need to follow the whole tutorial. You can download these two tools from here:
That’s all! You should now have proper Samsung Galaxy S20 USB drivers installed on your computer. So depending on which new model you have, these latest drivers should work with Samsung’s Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus / S20 Ultra.
If you ran into issues with downloads or steps, do let us know in the comments!