This is how you can install Nokia 7.2 TWRP custom recovery with this detailed guide. TeamWin, the developer group behind TWRP, has published an official custom recovery build designed specifically for Nokia 7.2. Being a stable release, this revision carries all major features and works completely with the mid-range Nokia device. Over-viewing the install procedure, our guide ahead will utilize ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to flash the custom recovery package. For Nokia 7.2 users who have previously flashed TWRP, this procedure will be quite similar and for those doing it for the first time, our tutorial is split into simpler steps for easier implementation.
Generally, Nokia phones are quite popular with enthusiasts as well as developers thanks to their value. Running Android One, the software on Nokia phones is very similar to stock Android which is mostly found on Google Pixel devices. However, to get more out of your device and modify it to your needs, a custom recovery is essential. With TWRP custom recovery, you would be able to install custom ROMs, mods and even root your Nokia 7.2.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android 10: How to Install Android 10 on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Nokia 7.2 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Install Nokia 7.2 TWRP Custom Recovery
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Nokia 7.2.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked!
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Nokia 7.2 to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-0-DDV_sprout-9.0-20200109.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
Step 5 – Type in the following command and press Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 6 – Wait for your phone to boot into bootloader mode. You can boot your phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
Step 7 – Once your phone is in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-DDV_sprout-9.0-20200109.img