As promised, OnePlus is now pushing new OxyegnOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 update to its older OnePlus 6 and 6T phones. A major upgrade over OxygenOS 9, new version brings with itself latest Android! However, the update isn’t stable yet and can only be received by users who opt for the Open Beta program. If you want to manually install or update, you can download the complete, official update package attached right ahead.
In addition to all features that Google has introduced with Android 10, OxygenOS 10 builds on top of them. There is now a new UI design, full-screen gestures and Smart Display. As the Beta program is expected to last a few releases, we can expect more refinements further down the road, before stable release. The new Beta build is available both for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, plus the feature set — which we have attached ahead — remains the same for each.
OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 / 6T – Details
Attached ahead is the change-list for latest Open Beta 10 build available for download on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T smartphones.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 Firmware for OnePlus 6 / 6T:
We have ahead, official download links to complete OxygenOS 10 Open Beta official firmware files. The procedure for installing these ZIPs is, you can go to your stock recovery and flash these as you would any other ZIP file. A data backup is recommended before you proceed towards installation.
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 1 Update: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_060_all_1910081733_f1563bcedbf94488.zip
OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 1 Update: OnePlus6TOxygen_41_OTA_060_all_1910081734_759171f133294ef4.zip
Looking for older updates?
If you run into installation or download issues, reach us through the comments! Also, do let us know about your feedback about these Open Beta builds and whether you choose to run these over stable releases.