Sony, as an exclusive, offers a Remote Play app on various Xperia phones. This app allows for streaming of PS4 titles directly onto a compatible Xperia device. However, just recently, the brand has finally made Remote Play app available for all Android devices running Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) and above! PS4 owners who also own an Android phone can simply install new Remote Play app to stream complete PS4 titles on their phones, tablets. While the app has been made available over Play Store, you can download Remote Play APK from ahead to manually install.
Rather than just being a simple app that streams PS4 titles, users can connect their Dual Shock 4 with the phone in order to control the game — on-screen controls also available. The only requirements for this configuration to work are, you should have a fast Wireless network to which your PS4 and phone are connected, PS4 should be running latest firmware and Remote Play should be installed — download APK from ahead!
Stream PS4 Games on Android via Sony Remote Play
While you still need to have your PS4 powered on to stream games, this service is great if you have your console connected to a shared central lounge. Through the app, you can play your favorite titles anywhere within your home and also, get the complete experience by connecting your Dual Shock 4 controller directly.
Here are some of the key features of Remote Play:
- Display the PS4 screen on your mobile device.
- Use the on-screen controller on your mobile device to control your PS4.
- Join voice chats using the mic on your mobile device.
- Enter text on your PS4 using the keyboard on your mobile device.
Download Sony Remote Play APK
The app has been officially released to Play Store, however, if you want to sideload or manually install, we have the APK file available as well:
Not sure how to install APK files? Read: How to Install Android Apps Manually
Here are the requirements for Remote Play to work:
- Mobile devices with Android 5.0 or later installed
- A PlayStation 4 system with the latest system software version
- An account for PlayStation Network
- High-speed Internet access (home Wi-Fi network)