Here is how to get TWRP custom recovery installed and running on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. Gladly enough, the Note 7 Pro has received official support from TeamWin — team behind TWRP custom recovery. Once TWRP is installed, users would be able to utilize complete custom recovery functionality which starts with advanced partition wipes and also includes ability to install root packages and ROMs. For installation, we have listed all the steps right ahead along with download link for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro official TWRP recovery package. For this guide to work, we require that you have your phone’s bootloader unlocked.
Generally, TWRP is the basic foundation for further mods. If you want to root, install a custom ROM or want to implement any other system mod, it usually requires TWRP. Coming towards the actual installation procedure, ahead we have a complete step by step guide that you can use to get custom recovery running on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. Just like any other system change, before you proceed with the steps make sure to create a recent backup of all your data.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android 10: How to Install Android Q on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Redmi Note 7 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-0-violet.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.