During I/O 2019, Google announced new Android Q Beta 3 and also, with it, new non-Pixel devices that will receive the update. Upon the lucky few are OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T phones. As the builds are out, users can immediately download the complete Android Q Beta ROM packages and flash them directly on either OnePlus 6 / 6T. Being a Developer Preview, this build does come with minor glitches and issues but then again, you can easily revert back to stable version.
Android Q, despite being available to public for testing, is still being gradually worked on. Beta 3 is the third iteration but the one with most new features and functionality. Further, at this point, a lot of initial bugs have been addressed making the preview more usable. Great news for OnePlus owners is, they get to test out upcoming software alongside Google Pixel phones. Continue ahead for complete download links.
Android Q Developer Preview for OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T
Android Q is set to be a vast refinement of older Android Pie. New features such as system-wide Dark Mode, better optimization, Project Mainline and more do make this release a great milestone. For more detailed info on what is new with Android Q, read: Android Q Beta 3 New Features.
- Camera, portrait mode does not work
- Ambient Display is not working
- System stability issues
- Encryption will change in the next preview build
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
- Issue With MTP cannot copy rollback from PC to Phone
Download Android Q Beta for OnePlus 6 / 6T
Here are the official ROM packages based on Android Q Beta 3 for OnePlus phones:
- Download for OnePlus 6T:OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_001_all_1905032146_wipe_221b43d22d9b4dd4.zip
- Download for OnePlus 6:OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_001_all_1905032150_wipe_2fa26de80dec40fb.zip