Huawei is now pushing new EMUI 9.1 to its various phones. The update was announced a week before the release by Huawei notifying that multiple devices will soon be receiving EMUI 9.1 Beta update. EMUI 9.1 made its debut with Huawei P30 and P30 Pro as it shipped with these devices right out of the box. Fortunately, older devices can run the new software as well now. The update is arriving as an OTA package to all compatible phones.
EMUI 9.1 Beta update doesn’t have the same firmware version for all the Huawei devices. Mate 20 Lite, Honor P10 / P10+ /V9, Nova 3i / 2s, are receiving a different version of EMUI 9.1 Beta update which is 220.127.116.11. Those with Honor 10 / V10 / Play, the update version has code 18.104.22.1680. Further, for Honor 8X and Nova 3, the code is 22.214.171.124. Despite being based on Android Pie same as EMUI 9, the update carries various changes and tweaks.
EMUI 9.1 Beta Update Device List
Here is the list of devices getting the update.
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei P10 / P10+
- Huawei Nova 3 / 3i / 2s
- Huawei Honor 9 / 10 / 8X / V9 / V10 / Play
EMUI 9.1 Beta Build Numbers List
|EMUI 126.96.36.199||EMUI 188.8.131.520||EMUI 184.108.40.206||EMUI 220.127.116.11|
|Mate 20 Lite||Honor 10||Honor 8X||Nova 3|
|Honor P10 / P10+||Honor V10|
|Nova 3i||Honor Play|
There aren’t many differences between each revision EMUI 9.1 and even the changelog is same for all of them.
EMUI 9.1 Beta is said to provide features related to multimedia, gaming and much more. The most important part of EMUI 9.1 beta is the performance enhancement which makes the Huawei handset a very powerful mobile in hand to use.
New Features in EMUI 9.1 Beta
Here is a run-down of all the new features in EMUI 9.1:
- Vibrant colors, amazing wallpapers, and redesigned app icons
- Extra internal storage and 20% faster with EROFS System
- GPU Turbo 3.0, a new upgrade to enhance your gaming experience.
- Creating videos from the highlighted pictures with a single click using HUAWEI Vlog
- Holding the power button pops up the Google Assistant for different kind of voice activities
- Measure length, total area, and volume with the HUAWEI TOF Camera using the Measure app
- Sending multimedia with a single tap using OneHop
- Connect to a treadmill and let EMUI 9.1 become your workout partner
- Switching from an old Huawei phone to a new one, use Huawei Phone Clone to get your data from the old phone to the new one. Learn more about Huawei Phone Clone
Learn in detail about EMUI 9.1 beta.
The OTA update will be available through a notification for the selected devices (above). It is possible to check for the notification manually by navigating to Settings and looking for Software Update. If the update has arrived, it will be notified through a notification or manually by checking for the software update option as guided. It is important to notice that this update will require a large amount of storage approximately in GB’s. So start cleaning if you don’t have enough space. If the update hasn’t arrived, kindly sit back and wait for the update as these major update distributions can take a week to successfully cover all devices.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve received the update? Tell us about the EMUI 9.1 features too? We love hearing from you. Happy updating