Thanks to the company allowing users to unlock bootloaders, TWRP custom recovery can now be installed on Realme 2 Pro. Ahead are complete instructions as well as a fast download link of official TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery package for Realme 2 Pro. Its good to see value centric devices such as the 2 Pro get support from the modding community. Seeing how TWRP has arrived, we can expect ROMs and other mods to follow. Further, right after you install TWRP, you can utilize Magisk system-less root to gain root as well.
TeamWin has developed TWRP custom recovery as an all around tool. While acting as a base / gateway for further modification, it has extended functionality on its own. Be it system-wide backup, factory reset or wiping certain system partitions, TWRP does it all. Installing it is pretty simple as well thanks to simple system layout on Realme 2 Pro. Before we begin, we recommend you create a complete backup of your phone and give the complete guide a thorough read before applying any instructions.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Realme 2 Pro Bootloader
- Install Android 9.0 Pie: How to Install Android Pie on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Realme 2 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Realme 2 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Realme 2 Pro.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-windows-latest.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-darwin-latest.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-linux-latest.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Realme 2 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.2.3-0-RMX1801.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.