Xiaomi’s Redmi 6 Pro can now be installed with official TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery through the steps listed ahead. The Redmi 6 Pro is quite a competitive budget smartphone with an octa-core processor and dual cameras on the back. This certain smartphone also has a popular Android One variant which goes by the name of Mi A2 Lite. We expect as Redmi 6 Pro now has an official TWRP, Mi A2 Lite will get a release quite soon as well. Nonetheless, the detailed steps ahead will show you how to implement TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
Once installed, users would be able to directly benefit through TWRP by getting to flash custom files such as root, custom ROMs and more. Further, TWRP also comes with a lot of great stock functionality such as advanced wipe options. Indirectly, an official TWRP also means that developers would now be able to develop third-party mods that rely on a custom recovery so expect some clever ones soon! An important thing to note is, this device has anti-rollback so we advise not to flash older OTAs through TWRP. Further, we recommend creating a backup of your phone before you jump into the steps.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android 9.0 Pie: How to Install Android Pie on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3 on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Redmi 6 Pro.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-windows-latest.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-darwin-latest.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-linux-latest.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Redmi 6 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.