Latest Poco F1 smartphone from Xiaomi can now be installed with TWRP custom recovery with the following step by step guide. Xiaomi’s new Pocophone is targeted towards providing essential flagships specs at an affordable price. Thankfully, this strategy has been a hit with Android enthusiasts as evident by such a quick TWRP release. Users can now further extend performance of their Poco F1 smartphone by installing TWRP custom recovery and then using it further to gain root, installing custom ROMs and more. The procedure ahead would let users install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1 with the help of ADB / Fastboot utilities.
TWRP custom recovery forms the foundation of any further modifications on an Android smartphone. Now that Poco F1 has a working TWRP build, utilities like Magisk root package can easily be installed. Right before we jump towards the actual installation, we recommend you first create a backup of your phone. Once that is complete, read the steps ahead on how to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android Pie: How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Computer.
- Xiaomi Poco F1 USB Drivers: How to Install Poco F1 Drivers on Windows and Mac.
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on Poco F1.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Xiaomi Poco F1 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Xiaomi official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Poco F1.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Poco F1 to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-188.8.131.52-beryllium.img.7z) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files. While saving, we recommend you rename the file to recovery.img.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.