Directly download OxygenOS Beta 3 complete OTA update ROM for OnePlus 6 using this detailed article and also read up on the changes included with this build. This month has been filled with updates for OnePlus 6, after receiving first ever official Android Pie test build, the brand has been continuously updating its 2018 flagship to address bugs and bring it closer to public release. Headlining changes for Beta 3 come in the form of an updated OnePlus switch implementation, improvements for Ambient Display and general bug-fixes — a worthy update after all! As to how you can install it, read ahead to download complete OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Beta 3 OTA ZIP package.
Applauding OnePlus’ efforts with Android Pie, Open Beta 3 is a reliable build which users can run as a daily on their OnePlus 6 smartphones. On top of general bug-fixes over Open Beta 2, packed in are updates to utilities such as Parallel Apps and OnePlus Switch. If you haven’t previously tried out new Android 9.0 Pie based OxygenOS, we recommend to start off with this build. Keep in mind, flashing the package ahead will initiate a factory reset so do create a backup before-hand.
Speaking of changes, as Android Pie grants navigation gestures, OnePlus has added an option for users to engage Google Assistant using the power button in the newest Open Beta build when users have gestures enabled.
Changelog, What’s New in OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Android 9.0 Update:
Here is the complete technical specification list down of OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Android 9.0 build for the OnePlus 6.
- Fixed stability issues with ambient display
- Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
- Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power button for 0.5 seconds
- Added support for more apps (Telegram ,Discord,IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
- Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
- Supported backup and recovery for application data including home screen, lock screen and APP layout
- Bug fixes and support for more Android models
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
Download OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Android 9.0 Firmware:
The following download link is the complete and official OxygenOS Open Beta 3 firmware package. As it is officially signed, you can directly install it through the stock recovery of your OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Android 9.0 Update: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_008_all_1809150110_7059.zip
This is an Open Beta build so you would not be able to find it through the stable channel. However, users who are running beta software already, check with OTA (Over-the-air) update system for OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Android 9.0 Pie firmware.