Users can use the following guide to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 3. The latest 2018 Mi Max device comes with a whopping 6.9 inch display and a 5,500mAh battery, definitely one of the largest Android smartphones available. Announced just a month back, TeamWin already have a official TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery available for it. Further, Xiaomi’s Mi Max 3 uses the older single system partition which makes it quite easy to install a system modifications such as this. Right ahead, you will be able to find a complete step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
As TWRP now has extended official support to Xiaomi Mi Max 3, developers would be heading to release new system mods specific for the phone. As of now, through this custom recovery, owners can root their Mi Max 3 easily with Magisk root package. Before proceeding to installation, we recommend you safely protect your data by creating a recent complete backup your phone. Once done, implement ahead given steps for TWRP 3.2.3 installation on Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android P: How to Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Mi Max 3.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Mi Max 3 to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.2.3-0-nitrogen.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.