With this detailed guide, readers can install TWRP 3.2.2 custom recovery on their Moto E4. TeamWin recently released a version upgrade to its TWRP custom recovery which included functional changes along with bug fixes. That same revision is now being rolled out officially to Moto E4. For all enthusiasts, custom recovery is a gateway to further system mods such as root and custom ROMs. Also, on its own, TWRP is quite beneficial as well thanks to its built-in backup system, advance partition options and more. For a step-by-step installation tutorial along with download links for Moto E4 TWRP 3.2.2 custom recovery, read ahead.
Motorola has been dominating the US budget smartphone market for quite some time. The most inexpensive phones user can buy from Motorola are packed into the E series. Moto E4, despite being a few years old, is continuing to get third-party developer support. Also, as now the latest TWRP has been made available, the amount of mods and customization packages available will grow even further. Before we take you through the complete steps, we advise you backup your phone as any system mod can reset your phone.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android P: How to Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Motorola Moto E4 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
How to Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.2 on Motorola Moto E4
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Moto E4.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Moto E4 to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.2.2-0-woods.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.