Here is how users can install unofficial TWRP 3.2.2 custom recovery on HTC U12+. Despite slow sales, HTC’s 2018 flagship is getting commendable software support from third-party Android developers. Recently, we covered how users can root their HTC U12+ and now, we will take you through the installation process of TWRP custom recovery on the smartphone. For all enthusiasts and power users, a custom recovery is essential as it provides basic functions that enable implementation of further mods such as flashing capabilities. Read further to find out how you can install TWRP 3.2.2 custom recovery on HTC U12+
As indicated earlier, this is an unofficial TWRP build and also, it is the very first one for the device. Although this build of TWRP 3.2.2 recovery successfully boots, there is partial functionality. Hopefully, the developers continue working on it to bring over all features but till then, you can try out the first preliminary build of TWRP 3.2.2 custom recovery on your HTC U12+ smartphone with the guide listed ahead.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android P: How to Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
HTC U12+ USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.2 on HTC U12+
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your U12+.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your U12+ to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (TWRP_184.108.40.206_Imagine.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.