Here is how users can immediately download OxygenOS 5.1.9 update for their OnePlus 6 smartphone. New firmware comes with some major changes such as a newer security patch — July 1st 2018 — and Google Lens mode integration. OnePlus, generally, serves good support for all its devices and as the new OnePlus 6 has the privilege of being the brand’s latest flagship, it has the highest priority when it comes to software support. Evident by this new build, you can download OxygenOS 5.1.9 full firmware for the OnePlus 6 with the guide ahead.
One thing to note is, OxygenOS 5.1.9 is a stable release which means it will be pushed to all devices through OTA (Over-the-air) update service. However, if you have your device rooted, running a custom ROM or have implemented any similar system mod then, you can only use the manual download procedure to upgrade. Ahead is linked OxygenOS 5.1.9 firmware which can be flashed on OnePlus 6 via stock recovery.
Changelog, What’s New in OxygenOS 5.1.9 Update:
On top of Google Lens integration, there are multiple changes in latest OxygenOS 5.1.9 update. Read about all of them in the technical change-log:
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Fixed issues with accidental touches triggering gestures ( Draw V)
- Supported Telia Finland VoLTE (Default On) and VoWifi (Default Off)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved image quality
- Integrated Google Lens mode
- Now you can access Google lens from your camera with a tap and Google Lens will tell you what’s in the image, giving you information about things like books, buildings, and works of art etc.
- Added beauty mode for Selfie Portrait
- Added Group MMS
Wireless & networks
- Optimized stability for WiFi connection
- Fixed stability issue with the Bluetooth connection for cars
Download OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 5.1.9 Firmware:
The following download link is the complete and official OxygenOS 5.1.9 firmware package. As it is officially signed, you can directly install it through the stock recovery of your OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 5.1.9 Update: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_013_all_1807130145_92ea1c670c0fae.zip
On top of not being available to OnePlus 6 smartphones that have system mods such as root and custom ROMs, this update is in incremental roll-out so chances are, most users would not be able to download it despite running stock firmware. Regardless, the previously attached ZIP package can be downloaded and installed immediately.
Do let us know about your thoughts on the new OxygenOS 5.1.9 firmware update in the comments section.