This awesome eXistenZ ROM is based on the Sony’s latest 10.3.1.A.2.74 firmware for Xperia Z and 14.1.G.2.257 firmware for Xperia Z1. The basic function of this ROM to maintain the stock look and provide you the same experience which is provided by Sony Xperia Z1. This ROM includes all the apps from the Xperia Z1 and its even themed after its firmware so you feel that you are actually using Xperia Z1. Moreover this ROM also includes some of the goodies of the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Mobile OS as well. If interested in Android 7.0 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Xperia Z to Android 7.0 eXistenZ Ultra Edition Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Sony, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 7.0 eXistenZ Ultra Edition Jelly Bean ROM on Xperia Z with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing custom ROMs. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 7.0 eXistenZ Ultra Edition Jelly Bean ROM Details:
This amazing eXistenZ Ultra Edition custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.0 Jelly Bean. A quick list of the main features in eXistenZ Ultra Edition is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Xperia Z:
- Speed Dial.
- Call recording.
- Mobile Data notification when disable removed.
- Answering Machine.
- Speaker Voice Enhancement.
- 2G only.
- National Data roaming.
- Redrawed Widget.
- Save Draft Dialog.
- Real Timestamp.
- Slide show editor.
- MMS preview.
- Long press on Quick Settings to access related setting.
- Status Bar Handle carrier label themed.
- Status Bar Notification bar glow effect themed.
- Selected recent app glow effect themed.
- Serajr Clear All recent task button.
- Navigation bar modded to allow any navigation bar size without layout problem.
- eXistenZ Weather Widget.
- eXistenZ Clock Widget.
- All Sony Widgets redrawed.
- Layout adapted to 36 DPI Navigation Bar.
- White theming.
- Reboot options.
- eXistenZ Icons changing according to theme accent.
- eXistenZ small app Calculator.
- Unlock Hint removed from Lockscreen.
- All Home Widgets usable on Lockscreen.
- Working TimeShift with latest Honami libs.
- eXistenZ settings.
- Performance control.
- Xposed framework.
- SeraJR restart systemUI.
- Gravity Box.
- App OPS.
- All settings themed.
- Text selection Options.
- Text Highlights.
- Selection Dialog Box.
- Time and Day pickers.
- Status bar rounded corners.
- Navigation bar rounded corners.
- List section Dividers.
- List section Titles.
- Progress Bars.
- Buttons Checks (with animation).
- Buttons Radios (with animation).
- Buttons Defaults.
- Buttons Toggles.
- Buttons Stars.
- Power menu.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Sony Xperia Z, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Android 7.0 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Xperia Z custom ROMs, click here!
Like this eXistenZ Ultra Edition ROM based on the latest Android 7.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Sony Xperia Z USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Sony Xperia Z properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Sony users can also back up data using Sony PC Companion. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Sony Xperia Z backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Z to Android 7.0 eXistenZ Ultra Edition Jelly Bean custom firmware.