Step 7 – Once your phone is in Bootloader Mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_p20_lite_0.1.img
Step 8 – Finally enter the following command and press Enter.
That’s it! the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Huawei P20 Lite.
How to Access TWRP 3.2.1 Recovery on Huawei P20 Lite:
After you are done with the installation side of TWRP 3.2.1 recovery, follow these steps to access it on your Huawei P20 Lite.
Step 1 – Turn OFF your phone.
Step 2 – Now press and hold the Volume Up button along with the Power Button for few seconds.
Step 3 – You should let go of the power button as soon as the Huawei logo pops up. The phone should now boot into Recovery mode.
Having issues? Read our dedicated guide on how to access recovery partition on Huawei P20 Lite.
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei P20 Lite.
- Root Huawei P20 Lite: How to Root Huawei P20 Lite.
- TWRP Backups on PC: How to Save TWRP Backups on PC.
- Install Android P on PC: How to Try and Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
Backup and Other Important Tips
Please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
4. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei P20 Lite.
You may also like to check out our Huawei P20 Lite section for official firmware updates, custom ROMs, tips and other tutorials.