Step 7 – Once your phone is in Bootloader Mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
flash recovery_ramdisk honor-9-lite-twrp3.2.1.img
Step 8 – Finally enter the following command and press Enter.
That’s it! the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Huawei Honor 9 Lite. You can enter Recovery Mode (TWRP recovery) by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys together.
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
- Root Huawei Honor 9 Lite: How to Root Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
- TWRP Backups on PC: How to Save TWRP Backups on PC.
- Install Android P on PC: How to Try and Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
Backup and Other Important Tips
Please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
4. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
You may also like to check out our Huawei Honor 9 Lite section for official firmware updates, custom ROMs, tips and other tutorials.