TUTORIAL: How to Install Android 7.1.1 NobleROM Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 G920S
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 7.1.1 NobleROM Nougat custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy S6, then this should not be any different for you.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. And before you proceed below, make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.1.1 NobleROM ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 G920S. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S6 variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this NobleROM ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 7.1.1 NobleROM ROM for Galaxy S6 to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S6 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the file is in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. Alternatively, read this: How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone.
NOTE: Screenshots of the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP Recovery) may change as new versions are released.
Step 6 – Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 8 – Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now as show below.
Step 11 – You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S6 should now have Android 7.1.1 NobleROM Nougat custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.