With the following instructions you can install TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. TeamWin just recently granted official support for this Xiaomi smartphone. Users who are not already familiar with the custom recovery concept, basically, it is a modified version of the stock Android recovery that you install on your phone which then allows you to install custom packages such as root and custom ROMs. Also, with TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery installed, you can create system backups and restore them afterwards. Ahead, we have the complete guide for installing TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery on Xiaomi Remdi Note 5 Pro.
The Note 5 Pro succeeds the older Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus smartphone. With a dual lens setup, the smartphone provides high-end hardware and design. To even further the usability and functionality, you can install TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery. Once installed, you would then be able to root, install third-party mods and more. Just before we dive into to the actual procedure, it is always a good idea to backup your phone before performing system modifications such as this.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Android P: How to Install Android P on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Redmi Note 5 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.