This custom firmware for Galaxy S6 G920F is based on the official Samsung Android 7.0 Nougat. This is a stock ROM is packs the same tweaks as the official 7.0 that brings great performance and brilliant battery timing. Moreover, this ROM is very fast, stable and smooth. And with that, you will be able to update Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F to 7.0 A8+ Port Nougat using this complete tutorial. A custom recovery will be needed to install 7.0 based A8+ Port ROM zip file, since this is not an official Samsung firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of A8+ Port ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 7.0 Nougat based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a Samsung Galaxy S6 user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
7.0 A8+ Port Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing A8+ Port custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 7.0 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in A8+ Port is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F:
- -Untouched. Completely stock out of the latest zip from sammobile.
-July Security Patch
-Multi CSC just like stock firmware
-Private Mode working
-System Status = Official (In DL mode and in about phone)
-Can check for and DL latest updates from samsung
-No branding by me at all
-No changes to any apk
-SE for Android Status: ENFORCING
-Samsung Health working fully
NOTE: This A8+ Port custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6 is only for the SM-G920F variant. We highly recommend not trying this custom ROM on any other variant. You may have a different variant/model of the Samsung Galaxy S6, depending on your region of purchase.
Not sure about your phone? Please follow these quick and easy steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Scroll down till you see “About device” or “About phone” and tap there
- Note down what is written under “Model number”
This is the exact model number of your Samsung Galaxy S6.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S6, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S6 G920F on Android Official Firmware.
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Try and Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this A8+ Port ROM based on the latest 7.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note 4 backup data to Sony Xperia Z3
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F to 7.0 A8+ Port Nougat custom firmware.