OZOP is a new custom firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 G920I. This ROM is based on the official Galaxy S6 OEM firmware but with a twist. This ROM includes Galaxy S6 Edge features as well so that you can enjoy those exclusive features on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6. Moreover, this ROM is really stable, fast and smooth. And with that, you will be able to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I to Android 6.0.1 OZOP Marshmallow using this complete tutorial. And with that, you will be able to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I to 6.0.1 OZOP Marshmallow using this complete tutorial. Not necessary, but it would be better if your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery will be needed to install 6.0.1 based OZOP ROM zip file, since this is not an official Samsung firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of OZOP ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 6.0.1 Marshmallow based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As an T-Mobile Galaxy S6 user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
6.0.1 OZOP Marshmallow ROM Details:
This amazing OZOP custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 6.0.1 Marshmallow. A quick list of the main features in OZOP is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6:
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the T-Mobile Galaxy S6 G920I, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root Galaxy S6: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android Official Firmware.
- Root T-Mobile Galaxy S6: How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Running on Android Official Firmware.
- TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Try and Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this OZOP ROM based on the latest 6.0.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I to 6.0.1 OZOP Marshmallow custom firmware.