OnePlus has just released OxygenOS Open Beta 30 based on Android 8.0 Oreo for the OnePlus 3. The highlight of this newly released Beta build is the Face Unlock feature. With the OnePlus 5T announcement few months back, the brand also released its very own Face Unlock feature. Loyal users therefore requested the same functionality on older smartphones – face unlock primarily is a software feature – and OnePlus has listened. With the guide ahead, you can instantly download OxygenOS Open Beta 30 for your OnePlus 3 and enjoy face unlock on your smartphone.
We are glad that brands like OnePlus are sticking to their roots and are listening to customers. The company could’ve easily kept the new feature just for its latest flagship but it hasn’t done so and with OxygenOS Open Beta 30, you can enjoy it on your older OnePlus 3. Not just that, Open Beta 30 comes with other changes as well and bug fixes. You can see the detailed list right ahead. Continue reading to download OxygenOS Open Beta 30 for your OnePlus 3 smartphone.
Changelog, What’s New in OxygenOS Open Beta 30 Update:
Right below we have attached the full and official change-log for OxygenOS Open Beta 30 on OnePlus 3.
- Launcher Updated to v2.3
- Drawer categories
- You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging
- When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
- Dynamic Icon for Clock
- The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Notification dot optimization
- The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
- Launcher usage tips improved
- We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher
- Support for Airtel VoLTE in India
- Face Unlock function added
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore
- We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Known issues:
- Airtel VoLTE feature may not work (have coverage) in some areas
- Some third party camera applications may not fully work with this update
Download OnePlus 3 OxygenOS Open Beta 30 Firmware:
You can immediately download the full OxygenOS Open Beta 30 firmware for your OnePlus 3 with the link ahead. The attached package is a full ROM and can be flashed over any previous firmware. Also, this is obtained directly from OnePlus’ servers.
OnePlus 3 OxygenOS Open Beta 30 Update: OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_041_all_1801122329_4d1ceb45301b4478.zip
Right now, this is in Beta stage which means the additional functionality can not be added through official update channels. You would have to manually download and install the build on your OnePlus 3.