Here is a complete guide on how you can unlock Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro bootloader easily and quickly. The first thing most Android enthusiasts do whenever they get a new phone is unlock the bootloader as it then allows them to modify and customize their smartphone. Huawei, as a brand, usually ships all of its phones locked, for security purposes, but the company also offers an easy procedure if the user wants to unlock it. The steps given on the official website sometimes prove to be quite tricky but in our guide below, we have broken down the whole procedure into easier instructions. Before you actually read on how to unlock the bootloader, make sure you have everything backed up. We have a dedicated guide detailing few important backup tips that we’d suggest you read before proceeding ahead. Unlock bootloader for Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro with the procedure ahead.
By unlocking your phone, you will be able to make system-level changes to your Android device. Like, replacing the stock Android recovery with a custom one (i.e. CWM, TWRP) or you can root Huawei Mate 10. Once you have a modified recovery installed, you will be able to flash custom ROMs on the phone. Custom ROMs are fun and some of them provide some exciting features that the stock ROM does not. Let’s get to the backup and precautionary tips now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Install Oreo: How to Try and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
If you are a developer and would want to unlock the bootloader, we recommend doing that before you set up the Google Play Store, install apps or anything because the security feature in Android clears out everything from your phone when unlocking bootloader of the phone.
Huawei Mate 10 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to unlock Huawei Mate 10 bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro. This is very similar to how you unlock bootloader on other Huawei devices. Please read the entire tutorial and all the steps once before you actually perform it on your Huawei Mate 10.
- Make sure the Fastboot, ADB and USB Drivers are installed on your PC. You can install them on your PC by following this guide if they are not already installed.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked. [How to Enable USB Debugging]
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable ‘OEM Unlocking’.
- Backup all the data as unlocking the bootloader will delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
- Make sure you’re on Emotion UI 8.0.
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- You can also find these numbers on the box of your phone.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and note down the product ID.
Get Unlock Code from Huawei Website
Step-1: Go to Huawei’s unlock website and sign up for an account. Login if you already have an account.
Step-2: Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
Step-3: You’ll see a form. Fill the form with all the information you wrote down in the above section.
Step-4: Click on “Commit” after filling out all the information.
Step-5: You’ll see an unlock code immediately. Note down the unlock code.