Read the steps ahead in order to install the latest XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on your Galaxy A5 A520F (2017). Samsung announced XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 Nougat update as a maintenance build which carries the latest security patch and other minor changes. It is a good idea to keep your Galaxy A5 (2017) updated so that you don’t face any issues. Onto how you can get this firmware running on your phone, you should check with OTA(Over-the-air) update system or try the Samsung Smart Switch app. If you don’t find the update on these services, don’t worry, you can still install the update using our manual method given ahead. Our procedure utilizes Odin and the official update package from Samsung. You can easily update Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F to XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware– and also root Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F phone on this firmware. A520FXXS2BQIJ is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
Samsung Smart Switch gives you some surety over not losing your data while updating your phone. However, we recommend that you always backup your stuff and all your apps, because you never know when something might happen to your phone while manually flashing firmwares. As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F using ODIN. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy A5
Version Android 7.0
Build date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 01:58:32 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-10-01
Product code XEF
You might find these following Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F on Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware.
- Try Android Oreo on Computer: How to Try and Install Android Android 8.0 Oreo on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung Smart Switch to your computer. Smart Switch helps you to move data across different Android devices i.e moving HTC U11 backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend not to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy A5 (2017) A520F to Android 7.0 XXS2BQIJ official firmware update.