crDroid v3.8 can be installed on HTC One (M8) — it is based on latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat and packs great features. A lot of them are customisation features and some are tweaks to run your device smooth and fast. Its a great ROM and is liked by a lot of users out there. And with that, you will be able to update HTC One M8 to Android 7.1.2 crDroid v3.8 Nougat using this complete tutorial. And with that, you will be able to update HTC One M8 to 7.1.2 crDroid v3.8 Nougat using this complete tutorial. Not necessary, but it would be better if your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery will be needed to install 7.1.2 based crDroid v3.8 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files, since this is not an official HTC firmware update. Make sure your HTC One bootloader is unlocked or you won’t be able to install custom ROMs. If interested in 7.1.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of crDroid v3.8 ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 7.1.2 Nougat based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a HTC One M8 user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
7.1.2 crDroid v3.8 Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing crDroid v3.8 custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 7.1.2 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in crDroid v3.8 is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your HTC One M8:
- Pixel look and feel.
LineageOS – all mods and features
StatusBar: Network Traffic
StatusBar: SU icon toggle
StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
StatusBar: Battery styles
StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
StatusBar: Clock styles
StatusBar: crDroid v3.8 logo customization
QuickSettings: Tiles customization
QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
Navigation: Toggle navbar
Navigation: PIE navigation
Navigation: DUI – SmartBar / Fling Toggle
Navigation: Pulse – smart visualization
Notifications: Power notification controls
Notifications: Force expanded notifications
Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
Notifications: Breathing notifications
Notifications: Headsup Snooze
Notifications: Headsup Timeout customization
Display: Ambient Display customizations
Display: Transparency Customizations
Display: Expanded Desktop Customizations
LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
LockScreen: Toggle clock
LockScreen: Toggle date
LockScreen: Toggle alarm
LockScreen: Tap to sleep
LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
Recents: Immersive Recents
Recents: Hidden apps
Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
Sound: DND customizations
Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
Miscellaneous: Partial / Full screenshot selection option
Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
Stability and performance improvements.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the HTC One M8, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on HTC One (M8).
- Root HTC One: How to Root HTC One (M8) with Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on HTC One (M8).
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Try and Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of HTC One (M8) custom ROMs, click here!
Like this crDroid v3.8 ROM based on the latest 7.1.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
HTC One M8 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One M8 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
HTC users can also back up data using HTC Sync. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving HTC One M8 backup data to Samsung Galaxy S6.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One M8 to 7.1.2 crDroid v3.8 Nougat custom firmware.