ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be. If interested in 7.1.2 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to ViperOS 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM that is based on the latest AOSP release and would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install ViperOS 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ViperOS 7.1.2 Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing ViperOS custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 7.1.2 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in ViperOS is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy S3 I9300:
* Traffic indicators
* Statusbar items
* Clock & date
* Battery icon settings
* Carrier label
* Quick settings personalization
* Other statusbar settings
* VPN icon toggle
* Data saver icon toggle
* VoLTE icon
* Viper statusbar logo
* Option to Display Data Disabled indicator Icons
* Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
* Add/Remove QS shortcuts with one click
* Custom lockscreen settings
* Lockscreen weather
* Option to hide lockscreen clock, date & alarm text
* Hide status bar on lockscreen
* Hide power menu on secure lockscreen
* Hide quick settings on secure lockscreen
* Lockscreen flashlight, double tap anywhere to sleep and disable media image
* Round button on recents
* Recents style toggle: cards and grid
* Recents membar
* Viper Color Engine built from scratch
* Lawnchair as default launcher (+DT2S)
* Navbar enable/disable
* Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
* Dynamic navbar
* Navbar dimensions
* Navbar button layout
* Hardware keys binding
* Hardware keys enable/disable
* Kill app with back button
* Power menu customization
* Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
* Reset battery stats
* Wired headset: make ringtone audio focus customizable
* Live volume steps
* Hide arrows in network traffic indicators
* Fingerprint authentication vibration
* Toast icon switch
* Advanced Bluetooth, Data, Wifi Toggles
* Disable/enable screenshot sound
* QS header icon settings
* Header date and time positions
* Unlock keystore with fingerprint
* Ability to toggle vibration when double tapping power button for camera
* Double tap to sleep on navigation bar
* Drop Lineage LockClock, use OmniJaws
* Drop AOSP Clock app, use from Google
* Custom ambient display settings
* Three Fingers Swipe for Screenshot
* PA Accidental Touch
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Google Apps (Gapps): Latest Google Apps for this ROM!
Like this ViperOS ROM based on the latest 7.1.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to ViperOS 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware.