Read the following guide to install BlueStacks 3 on your computer. BlueStacks, a name renowned for bringing Android to the PC has been updated to BlueStacks 3. The new version has been hugely improved. The new BlueStacks 3 focuses largely on the gaming side and truly so as most users have been using BlueStacks for running Android-only games. Further, it has introduced vast variety of performance improvements that work behind the scenes to provide an experience unlike any other. Follow ahead to find the complete procedure on installing BlueStacks 3, setting it up and getting your apps running.
App center has been introduced by the developers to curate apps from the Play Store and also gather reviews so that you can make a more educated choice. Next comes the Gift center, this includes promotions and gifts straight from the developers for each user. We have a detailed feature list for you to read right below.
BlueStacks 3 – Features:
Before we jump into the various features that have been introduced, here is a word from the developers:
BlueStacks 3 has been in development for several years and is ready for you to start using today. It allows you to play android games with your mouse and keyboard to make you more competitive in your gameplay. You’ll be able to play in high definition with your monitor and use ANY app with BlueStacks 3.
You can view the full feature list below:
- App Center allows you to find the newest and most popular games being played by other gamers. When you click on a game, you’ll be able to find reviews, images, summaries, and tons more information about any game. App Center also learns about your gaming habits and recommends games we think you would like.
- BlueStacks has partnered with today’s top developers to give you in-game gifts and promotions you can’t find anywhere else. In the gift center, you’ll find special skins, characters, gold, gems, and many more gifts across hundreds of games.
- With BlueStacks Select is our Developer-focused program. As more developers like FunPlus or IGG join BlueStacks Select, gamers get exclusive gifts, content, and other items directly from these game developers. For example, in King of Avalon, you could get gold, treasure and exclusive resources you wouldn’t be able to get from just playing on your phone.
- Use BlueStacks 3’s built-in chat app to interact with other gamers like never before. You’ll be able to use our “Friends” chat to plan your strategies and progress faster in your games. You can connect to friends across your Google contacts with Steam and Facebook coming soon.
- When you compare BlueStacks 3 to other Android Emulators, BlueStacks 3 has the best performance and features. BlueStacks 3 is built on the state of the art BlueStacks Gaming Platform which uses patented Hyper-G graphics APIs allowing you to play at maximum resolution and refresh rates (including 144hz) – something no other Android emulator can even come close.
- On your phone or other Android Emulators, you can only use one app at a time and only one Google Play account. BlueStacks 3 has a feature called Multi-Instance that lets you open multiple games and apps at the same time. That means you can play multiple accounts in Clash of Clans, Clash Royale and tons more games at the same time. You can level multiple accounts simultaneously or play many games at the same time on the same Google Play account.
- BlueStacks 3 adjusts the resolution and size of your games to best fit your computer automatically. This allows you to focus on playing your game instead of having to tweak all the little settings. We also remember your settings so you don’t have to adjust this every time you restart.
We will be installing the BlueStacks 3 on Windows 10. It does work with older versions of Windows as well. As for the installation procedure, the process is quite simple thanks to the installation wizard. In order to get the most out of your install, we will also cover how you can install apps through the Play Store and through the classical APK loading method as well.
Using BlueStacks 3 on your PC gives you extra bit of horsepower compared to mobile processors we are used to. Further, with BlueStacks running on your PC, you can attach multiple displays or even broadcast through a projector which is quite difficult doing from an Android device.
How to Install BlueStacks 3 on Windows PC
Follow this detailed guide on how to install BlueStacks 3 on Windows PC. Each step has been explained with screenshots.
Step 1 – Download BlueStacks 3
Step 2 – Open the downloaded installer. You would be greeted by the following screens.
Step 3 – Click on Install Now.
Step 4 – Once the install finishes, click on the arrow to continue.
Step 5 – Once you click through all the features, you would be greeted by the Android wizard which will ask for your Google account / Gmail details. Fill them up as you would on a physical Android device. Once that is done, you will be take to the App Center.
That’s pretty much it. BlueStacks 3 has a more streamlined installation wizard as compared to before and you can set it up much faster.
Now let’s take a look at how to install Android apps and games from the Google Play Store on BlueStacks 3. It is straightforward and relatively easier than installing an app or game from an APK file.
How to Install Android Apps / Games in BlueStacks 3
Installing BlueStacks 3 on your computer means you are interested in running Android apps and games straight on the PC / Mac. That is the goal here and you can easily do that with BlueStacks 3. Here is a guide on how you can install an app from the Google Play Store.
NOTE: You need to enter your Google account / Gmail details and login with it to install apps from the Google Play Store.
Step 1 – Open BlueStacks 3 and then click on App Center tab.
Step 2 – Here you would find apps categorised and organized. You can choose the ones you like from here or search through the search button above. We will be installing directly from the menu. To do so, just click on the app you like and click on Install from the Play Store UI.
Step 3 – When its finished downloading and installing, you can either click on Open from the Play Store UI or just change tabs to My Apps and click on the shortcut there.
If you have done everything correctly, your app should boot up as normal and you can use it through keyboard and mouse mappings. For anyone looking to change the mappings, click on the keyboard icon given on the bottom right.
How to Install Apps / Games using APK Files
Many users skip this great functionality but with BlueStacks 3, you can directly install APK files and try apps, games on your computer in an emulator. This is great for app developers and also, testing apps that aren’t available on the Google Play Store. You can read the guide below to find out how to install apps or games using APK files.
Step 1 – Open BlueStacks 3 and navigate to the My Apps section.
Step 2 – From here, you would be able to see Install apk button on the bottom right. Click on it, it will open a new explorer window from which you can navigate to your desired APK.
Step 3 – Select your APK from the explorer and click Open. Once you do, there will be a new app icon with a progress loop on it. This shows installation status. In our case, we are installing the Facebook app through APK for this guide.
Step 4 – Once installed, you will see the icon of app listed in your My Apps section. Click on it and it would run as normal.
That’s all for installing an APK on BlueStacks 3. You can experiment with different APKs and see which one works.
If you run into any sort of problem throughout this article, reach us through the comments below.