Immediately install Android 7.1.2 N2G48C Nougat firmware on your Huawei Nexus 6P through our detailed guide below. Google has recently announced the official August 2017 security update and this build carries that. Apart from the security update, there aren’t any major changes. Regardless, every user is advised to immediately install this firmware in order to avoid security breaches. Further, you can manually install Android 7.1.2 N2G48C Nougat update via our guide. Once you complete the installation of this new firmware update, you should proceed to root Nexus 6P on this firmware. The only catch is that if this will be your first time playing around with a factory image, you might have to unlock your bootloader first before continuing – which means wiping all of your phone data.
If this is your very first time installing / flashing a factory image, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Android 7.1.2 N2G48C image, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this Android 7.1.2 Nougat factory image, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a Nexus 6P user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmware, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Nexus 6P Android 7.1.2 N2G48C Factory Image Details:
Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for the Nexus 5X, Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P and Pixel C phones and tablets. These are the major changes in Nougat release of Android 7.1.2, as per Google:
This firmware update features security fixes categorized under the August 2017 security maintenance release. It also includes bug-fixes. However, the Android version will remain the same as before.
Meanwhile, you should also check out the following articles:
- Root Nexus 6P: How to Root Nexus 6P on Android 7.1.2 N2G48C Nougat Official Update.
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6P.
- Install Android O: How to Install Android O on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For the complete collection of ROMs for the Nexus 6P, visit our Custom ROMs page.
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Nexus 6P, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Huawei Nexus 6P USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Huawei Nexus 6P properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend not to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update your Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 factory image.
Install Android 7.1.2 N2G48C on Nexus 6P Using Official Factory Image
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat (N2G48C) on Nexus 6P using the factory image provided by Google. This tutorial is for beginners who are not used to playing around with official factory images by Google for their Nexus devices.
Please make sure your phone fulfills all the requirements and you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Disclaimer: Try this on your own risk. We are not responsible if you mess up with your Nexus 6P.
Just To Remember:
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Nexus 6P and we are not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Nexus 6P on other carriers.
- Your phone can be on any previous Android version or even on a custom ROM. It doesn’t matter at all. This tutorial will still work for installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
- Unlock bootloader of your Nexus 6P. Read this: How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6P.
- Enjoy Android 7.1.2 on your device and let us know your review about it!
NOTE: Installing Android 7.1.2 N2G48C Nougat factory image will WIPE / DELETE / ERASE everything from your phone if your bootloader is not already unlocked. Please make sure you have a backup of all the data. Read: How to Backup Android Apps and Other Data.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 7.1.2 Factory Image (angler-n2g48c-factory-6a21e528.zip) for Nexus 6P on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 – Connect your Nexus 6P to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 4 – Turn OFF your phone.
Step 5 – Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.