You can now update the larger sibling of the Galaxy S line, Galaxy S8 Plus to XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware through this detailed article. The newer update, first and foremost, carries the latest security patch for the month of July 2017. This in itself urges customers to update quickly as the new patch will address security exploits and prevent them. Further, Samsung has also worked behind the scenes to provide the best experience possible. No direct UI changes but that is expected with these maintenance monthly builds. To get XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 running on your phone, check with OTA(Over-the-air) updates or Samsung KIES / Smart Switch application on your computer. If you are running a modified system or can’t find the update, quickest way to run this firmware is by following our manual update guide given below. We recommend you update your phone immediately to XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for optimal experience. You can easily update Galaxy S8 Plus G955F to XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware — and also root Galaxy S8 Plus G955F phone on this firmware. G955FXXU1AQG5 is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S8 Plus G955F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy S8+
Version Android 7
Build date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 08:53:10 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-07-01
Product code CYV
This firmware tutorial for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ is for a specific model number and will not work if your phone is a different variant. XXU1AQG5 Android 7.0 firmware is for the following phone:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus G955F
To make sure you own the correct Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus model / variant, please see: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers / Country Variants Guide.
You might find these following Galaxy S8 Plus G955F related articles interesting:
- Install TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- USB Drivers: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Drivers and How to Connect with Computer.
- Recovery Mode: How to Access Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Install Android O: How to Install Android O on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S8 Plus G955F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung Smart Switch to your computer. Smart Switch helps to move data across different Android devices i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S8 Plus G955F to Android 7.0 XXU1AQG5 official firmware update.