You can read the following guide to find out how to root your HTC U11. The U11 is HTC’s flagship phone for 2017, packing some serious hardware and an eye catchy design. Nonetheless, for Android enthusiasts, even this device will work better when rooted. Thankfully, TWRP 3.1.1 custom recovery is already out for the phone and using that, you can easily gain root. Root HTC U11 through the detailed steps below which make use of SuperSU zip package and TWRP 3.1.1 custom recovery. This combination makes the whole process fairly easy and quick. Once rooted, you would have access to all of the hundreds of root apps available on the Play Store as well as access to third-party mods. We have covered the benefits of root in a separate article, read: Benefits of rooting an Android device. You can now easily root HTC U11 on Android 7.1 Nougat official software version using our tutorial. Please note, you should unlock HTC U11 bootloader first before proceeding.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to root Android 7.1 on HTC U11 with all the instructions and files needed. Rooting will allow you to install root apps on your phone, i.e Titanium Backup. Read our list of the essential root apps available! Make sure you go through all the tips given below and keep them in mind before performing the tutorial. Also make a backup of your data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now!
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root HTC U11 – SuperSU Package Details:
SuperSU is one of our favourite rooting package as it comes with all the binaries needed to gain root access on your HTC U11 Android phone. Even the SuperSU app has more features than SuperUser. Other than this rooting tutorial, you might also want to install a custom recovery for installing custom ROMs on your phone.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the HTC U11, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on HTC U11 .
- TWRP Recovery: How to Update HTC U11 with TWRP Recovery.
- Install Android O: How to Install Android O on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of HTC U11 custom ROMs, click here!
HTC U11 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC U11 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
HTC users can also back up data using HTC Sync Manager to your computer. Sync Manager helps to move data across different Android devices i.e moving HTC 10 backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
5. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Phones.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and root HTC U11 with the original/stock Android firmware.
HOW TO: Root HTC U11 on Android 7.1 Nougat
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root HTC U11. Please read the complete tutorial once before actually performing it.
Just To Remember:
- Your phone should have HTC U11 model number.
- Your HTC U11 bootloader should be unlocked.
- TWRP Recovery should already be installed on your HTC U11.
- As mentioned previously, all firmware are supported.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download SuperSU v2.82 (SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip) for HTC U11 on your PC.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your HTC U11 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).