Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
If you are using an older version of ODIN or flashing a firmware which doesn’t have the above mentioned file name format then look below for the abbreviations to the old name format. Do note that only file name changes, the functionality and back end process remains the same so don’t worry.
- AP = PDA
- BL = Boot Loader
- CP = Modem
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) has now been updated to Android 7.0 build XXU3CQE6 firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
ROOTING TUTORIAL: How to Root XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 on Galaxy A3 (2016) A310F Official Firmware.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.