Xiaomi has updated all of its supported devices to official MIUI 8 software. MIUI 8 update is now already available via OTA or manual download. If you haven’t received the update yet, read further to find download links of MIUI 8 Global ROM in both Fastboot and Recovery flashable packages. Xiaomi’s premier Android skin has been revamped in this 8th major iteration. MIUI 8 brings a lot of new features and changes to already announced devices. We have recently reviewed the Xiaomi Redmi 4X running MIUI 8 which you can read about in detail: Xiaomi Redmi 4X Review. Coming to MIUI 8 update, the download packages we are listing are based on the Global ROM and not the Beta stages. This means, these files are the same as which are being received through OTA (over-the-air) update on Xiaomi devices. Read further to find all download links to MIUI 8 Global ROM for compatible devices.
Discussing about the update, highlight features include the new Second Space and Dual Apps functionality. These two features allow you to setup multiple users as well as multiple accounts on a single device. Second Space allows you to have a completely separate user just like on Windows with its own separate set of preferences and settings. We have listed the full change-log below along with download links to MIUI 8 Global ROM for compatible devices.
You may want to check out these following related articles:
- Download MIUI 9: Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROMs for Xiaomi Phones.
- MIUI 9 Themes: Download MIUI 9 Themes for MIUI 8 Xiaomi Phones!
MIUI 8 Global ROM – Features and Changes
Ahead are listed all of the key details of MIUI 8 Global ROM.
- Long Screenshots – You can snap a very long screenshot of your screen. This feature is most liked feature from MIUI Users.
- Second Space – It allows a user to use your Xiaomi smartphones like dual. One for Office use & one side for Personal use.
- Dual Apps – Now, You don’t need to download any third party app to run a dual account of any app. With this feature, you can create dual of any app.
- Quick Ball – It is like an “Apple Assistive Touch” feature. In this ball, you can access different shortcuts. Also, these shortcuts are customizable.
- Gallery – Now you can delete photos from both Gallery & Mi Cloud from the device.
- New Designed Toggle Bar – In MIUI 7 there were separate pages for Notifications & Separate one for Shortcut buttons. But in this update, they have mixed these things up on the single page.
- Smart Calculator – Xiaomi has relaunched their default calculator app with new features. apart from Maths calculation users are able to convert Temperature, Height & Currency etc.
- New Notes App – Xiaomi has redesigned this app with various colors and options. Also, you can set passwords & fingerprint for specific notes.
- Settings – The whole new setting app is well designed with a lot of colors also they have added search box where you can search for any setting you want.
- Power Management – Much better power management & Battery optimization now.
- Video Editing – User can filter, add music, Crop their videos using video editor.
- Hindi T9 Support – Yes. The Hindi language is now supported for contact and dialing options.
Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROMHere is the complete list of MIUI 8 compatible devices along with download links for the update files available in both recovery and fastboot flashable variants.
|Device||Download Fastboot ROM||Download Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 5||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 4i||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xioami Mi 4||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 3||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 2S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Special Edition)||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon)||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 4X||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 1S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G||N/A||Recovery ROM|
How to Install MIUI 8 on Xiaomi Phones
We have a complete detailed guide on how to install MIUI 8 ROM on your Xiaomi phone. To easily install this, you have two methods available. You can download the Recovery ROM and install it on your phone using the Recovery method. Or you can download the Fastboot ROM and flash it on your phone using Mi Flash Tool.
If you have any issue downloading these files, reply to us in the comments and we will get back to you soon.