This tutorial will help you to root XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F phone. This newer firmware brings in a newer Android version — Android 7.0 Nougat — hence, making it a major release. Now users who had rooted their phones previously will notice that root is gone after the update. Each official firmware does revert the phone back to stock which means root procedure needs to be implemented again. Thankfully, we have the process detailed below. You would need to have TWRP recovery installed on your phone before proceeding. We will use SuperSU zip package provided by Chainfire. Assuming you have already updated your phone to XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware, our root guide is specifically for this firmware build. You can root XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 on Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F Nougat official firmware using the tutorial below. Please make sure your phone is on this firmware version by going to Settings > About device.
As you continue reading further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F on XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware using Odin. Make sure you backup all your data before trying out the root method tutorial below because we don’t want you to lose anything. Also you should be aware that rooting your phone will completely void you warranty, so please know well what you are getting into. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmware, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root Galaxy A7 (2016) SM-A710F – SuperSU Method Details:
SuperSU is one of our favorite rooting packages as it comes with all the binaries needed to gain root access on your different Android phones. Not just this, the SuperSU app is much more robust and comes with better features than the previously popular SuperUser app.
Please note, this tutorial to root Galaxy A7 A710F requires you to have a TWRP custom recovery installed on your phone. If you do not have the custom recovery installed, we have a link to the tutorial given below.
If you will be rooting your phone for the very first time, read: Benefits of Rooting an Android Device.
You might find these following Galaxy A7 A710F related articles interesting:
- Install Firmware: How to Update Galaxy A7 A710F to XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP: How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A7 2016.
- Try Android O: How to Try and Install Android O on Computer.
- Root Apps: You should check out our list of essential root apps that you should install.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) custom ROMs, click here!
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung Smart Switch to your computer. Smart Switch helps to move data across different Android devices i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Nougat and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 on Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F official firmware.
How to Root XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 on Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Galaxy A7 (2016) A710F with SuperSU. Please read every line carefully below. We suggest that you should read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) SM-A710F. Please do not try on any other Galaxy A7 (2016) variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution.
- Your Galaxy A7 (2016) should be on an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM.
- Your phone should be on XXU2CQE3 Android 7.0 firmware.
- You should have TWRP custom recovery installed.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download SuperSU v2.79 for Galaxy A7 (2016) on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy A7 (2016) USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card / internal storage root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone.
Step 5 – Boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home button simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up.