We now have the full UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware available to be flashed on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 N920A. Samsung has finally updated its old Note flagship to the most recent Android Nougat firmware with UCU4EQC6 update. The changes are quite major over the previously running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The User Interface has been tweaked, features have been added and performance has been improved. How can you install it? The answer is simple, there are two main of running UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on AT&T Note 5 N920A. One being the OTA(Over-the-air) update system or Samsung KIES / Smart Switch app but for that you need to be on AT&T network and SIM. The other procedure is the manual one. It is much simpler and you don’t need to be running an AT&T SIM. Methods on getting the update, include using OTA (Over-the-air) update system If you don’t have any luck in finding the update, you can implement our detailed guide below. N920AUCU4EQC6 is based on the Android 7.0 Nougat version for the Galaxy Note 5. You can install UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 5 N920A using our detailed tutorial below — and root Galaxy Note 5 later after installation.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note 5 N920A to UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also don’t forget to read the important tips we have given below. This is a completely unbranded firmware, and can be installed on any AT&T Galaxy Note 5 N920A. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Firmware for TMobile Galaxy Note 5 Details:
Model name Galaxy Note 5
Country USA (AT&T)
Version Android 7
- AP_N920AUCU4EQC6_CL10809541_QB12921033_REV00_user_ lo w_ship_meta.tar
- CSC_ATT_N920AATT4EQC6_CL10809541_QB12921033_REV00_ use r_low_ship.tar
- CP_N920AUCU4EQC6_CP6021124_CL10809541_QB12921033_R EV 00_user_low_ship.tar
- BL_N920AUCU4EQC6_CL10809541_QB12921033_REV00_user_ lo w_ship.tar
You may also be interested in:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 5 Official Firmware.
- Install Nougat: How to Try and Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 5 N920A, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
AT&T Galaxy Note 5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for AT&T Galaxy Note 5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update Galaxy Note 5 N920A to UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 N920A to Android 7.0 UCU4EQC6 Nougat
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update AT&T Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 UCU4EQC6 Nougat. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for AT&T Galaxy Note 5 N920A. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official firmware by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 7.0 UCU4EQC6 update for Galaxy Note 5 N920A, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Note 5 to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root UCU4EQC6 Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 5 Official Firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 7.0 N920AUCU4EQC6 for Galaxy Note 5 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download Odin which will help you to install Android 7.0 on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 N920A.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button, till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 5 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.