Finally, we have a full root tutorial for the Galaxy S8 Plus G955F. You can now root XXU1AQCA Android 7.0 Nougat firmware by implementing the steps given below. The Galaxy S8 Plus has seen a lot of success with customers and it is only logical that developers start working for it. The root utility for Galaxy S8 Plus G955F comes in the form of CF-Auto-Root. We will use Odin to flash the package. Once you have rooted your phone, you will have access to root apps and other third-party packages. The only thing you will give in exchange would be your warranty, if that still applies that is. Before proceeding make sure phone is on G955FXXU1AQCA build. You can root Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F on XXU1AQCA Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root XXU1AQCA Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus LTE G955F using ODIN and CF-Auto-Root. Make sure you backup all your data before trying out the root method tutorial below because we don’t want you to lose anything. Rooting will allow you to install root apps on your phone, i.e Titanium Backup. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root XXU1AQCA Android 7.0 on Galaxy S8 Plus G955F:
OFFICIAL FIRMWARE: You need to make sure your Galaxy S8 Plus G955F is on the following firmware update before proceeding – Android 7.0 XXU1AQCA Nougat:
This section is important and we would recommend you to carefully go through it before proceeding below. CF-Auto-Root method works well with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and is probably the most safest root method available. It fully supports Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and future firmware updates as well since it is not dependent on a single build.
For those who are not sure about CF-Root, please read the following two paragraphs for a quick intro to the root package:
CF-Root is the root for “rooting beginners” and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmware, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.
Samsung Galaxy S8 comes in several different model numbers / variants. You need to make sure you know the correct model number of your device. Failure to do so, may brick your phone or you may lose phone data.
NOTE: This root method tutorial is only for the Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F.
You may be interested in the following Galaxy S8 Plus related articles:
- Install TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- USB Drivers: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Drivers and How to Connect with Computer.
- Recovery Mode: How to Access Recovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROMs section!
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. You can find the tutorial below, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung Smart Switch to your computer. Smart Switch helps to move data across different Android devices i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy S8 Plus G955F on XXU1AQCA Android 7.0 official firmware.