Samsung’s larger screen size variant of S6 Edge, the S6 Edge Plus can now be updated to XXU3CQC2 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. The brand has released this major update for the S6 Edge Plus to keep it running with today’s time. The new firmware, obviously, brings all the features Google has added but to take it even further, Samsung has updated its TouchWiz UI and apps. No doubt it is a major upgrade but how can you install it? There are two main methods through which you can have it running on your S6 Edge Plus. The first relies on OTA (Over-the-air) update system or Samsung’s apps such as KIES / Smart Switch. The second one, requires manual download and installations. The manual one is applicable to all unlocked Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F devices regardless of the version they are already running. G928FXXU3CQC2 is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
This firmware is a major upgrade for the device. XXU3CQC2 Android 7.0 Nougat upgrades the Android revision and also adds new features. This tutorial will explain how to install XXU3CQC2 Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus LTE G928F using ODIN — also root this phone on this firmware. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU3CQC2 Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy S6 edge+
Country South East Europe
Version Android 7
Build date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 13:42:00 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-03-01
Product code SEE
You might find these following Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: Root XXU3CQC2 Android 7.0 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F Nougat Firmware.
- Install TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus LTE G928F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F to Android 7.0 XXU3CQC2 official firmware update.