The original Edge phone, the Galaxy S6 Edge from Samsung can now be updated to official XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat firmware through this guide. Samsung has released latest Android version for its 2015 flagship smartphone. Not only is this update a major one but it also provides Samsung’s latest TouchWiz UI tweaks and also latest Samsung apps. We definitely recommend you try the update yourself. How? Well, there are two main routes. One, you can give OTA (Over-the-air) update / Smart Switch app / Samsung KIES app a shot to find this update. Two, you can manually download and install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat firmware yourself. The manual procedure ensures immediate installation as well as it applies to phones running modified OS. You can update your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat — and also root Galaxy S6 Edge G925F phone on this firmware. G925FXXU5EQCK is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you with all the necessary steps needed for updating your phone. XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat is a major update for the phone and it brings it back up to speed. This tutorial will explain how to install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S6 Edge LTE G925F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy S6 edge
Version Android 7
Build date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:18:54 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-03-01
Product code XID
You might find these following Galaxy S6 Edge G925F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: Root XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F Nougat Firmware.
- Nougat for Galaxy S6: How to Install Galaxy S6 G920F XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S6 Edge LTE G925F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to Android 7.0 XXU5EQCK official firmware update.
How to Install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7.0 XXU5EQCK. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing on your device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- G925FXXU5EQCK is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy S6 Edge G925F.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 7.0 build XXU5EQCK update for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy S6 Edge to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge LTE G925F on XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 7.0 G925FXXU5EQCK for Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode. Read: How to Enter Download Mode on Galaxy S6 Edge.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S6 Edge USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.