Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N9208 (Hong Kong) smartphone can now be updated to XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. We finally have the official Android 7.0 Nougat (build XXU3CQCA) firmware with us and you can install it on your Note 5 easily through the steps below. Android 7.0 Nougat remains to be one of the most refined and feature filled Android versions out there. You can experience it all directly on your Note 5 thanks to XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Apart from the standard Android 7.0 features, you will get newer Samsung apps and a newer TouchWiz UI. To fully experience the whole thing, install XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy Note 5 N9208. The procedure we use relies on manual operation which means you would be able to immediately update rather than bear the wait of OTA (Over-the-air) update arrival. N9208XXU3CQCA is based on the Android 7.0 Nougat version for the Galaxy Note 5. You can install XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 5 N9208 using our detailed tutorial below — and root Galaxy Note 5 later after installation.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Note 5 N9208 to XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware using ODIN. We have all the tips on how to backup your Android apps and other phone data, also don’t forget to read the important tips we have given below. This is a completely unbranded firmware, and can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy Note 5 N9208. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy Note 5
Version Android 7
Build date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 02:47:22 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-03-01
Product code BNG
You may also be interested in:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 5 Official Firmware.
- Try Nougat on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Note 5 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Note 5 N9208, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update Galaxy Note 5 N9208 to XXU3CQCA Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 N9208 to Android 7.0 XXU3CQCA Nougat
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 XXU3CQCA Nougat. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N9208. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official firmware by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 7.0 XXU3CQCA update for Galaxy Note 5 N9208, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Note 5 to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root XXU3CQCA Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 5 Official Firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 7.0 N9208XXU3CQCA for Galaxy Note 5 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N9208.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button, till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 5 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.