CosmicOS is a brand new branch of ever-growing tree of custom firmwares. This particular ROM is built using Android 7.1.1 Nougat AOSP source. It includes all Nougat sweet treats plus some more to keep you entertained. A lot of customisation features so that you can modify your device according to your own personal preferences. Its a very stable, fast and smooth ROM. If interested in Android 7.1.1 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy S5 G900F to CosmicOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below. Your Galaxy S5 G900F LTE should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install CosmicOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Galaxy S5 G900F LTE with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CosmicOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing CosmicOS custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in CosmicOS is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Based On AOSP 7.1.1_r22
Custom Camera HAL
Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
SuperUser Indicator Switch
Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
Carrier Label Switch
Time & date
Day & date Toogle
Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
Battery % Text
Network Traffic Indicator
Network Traffic Arrows Switch
Statusbar Cosmic Logo
Cosmic logo Color
Cosmic logo Position
Ticker Text color
Ticker Icon Color
Full Screen Recents
CLock And Alarm Customizations
Weather Panel Customizations
Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
Lockscreen General Shorcuts
100+ Icons for Shortcuts
Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
Quick PIN/Pattern Unlock
Lockscreen Weather Widget
Lockscreen Icons Color
Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
Number of columns/rows
LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
Disable Immersive Mode Messages
Force Expand Notification
Advanced Reboot Menu
Power Menu Customizations
Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Soft Reboot)
Power Menu End Calls Switch
On the Go Mode
Long Press Actions
Double Tap Actions
Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
Wake Up Device
Ringtone Volume Control
Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
Volume Key Answer
Camera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable
SystemUI Tuner Icon Settings
Enabled By default
Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner
StatusBar Icons Custmizations
Quick Settings Customizations
Expanded Desktop Mode
Heads Up Switch and customizations
Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
Battery Light Customizations
Notification Light Customizations
Performance Tweaks (Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)
Working screen-off Gestures
Overall Smoothness Improvements
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S5, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6 on Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Root Galaxy S5: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F on Official Android Firmware.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S5 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this CosmicOS ROM based on the latest Android 7.1.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S5 G900F to CosmicOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware.