The newly refreshed OnePlus 3T was announced few months back, you can use this guide to install proper USB drivers on your computer for it. The OnePlus 3T, basically, is a OnePlus 3 with some improvements. OnePlus thought it was more than just a “S” update therefore it named it 3″T” as T comes after S. Nonetheless, we will detail below how you can install proper USB drivers for your phone. These drivers will ensure that your computer, be it a Mac or Windows PC, recognizes the OnePlus 3T correctly. Not only that, these drivers will also ensure there aren’t any corrupt data transfers. Most phones act as camera storage when connected to a PC but once you install drivers, you would be able to browse more of your phone. Read below to find out how to install USB drivers for OnePlus 3T on both Windows and macOS.
Once done with installing the USB drivers, you can rest in the fact that every time you connect your phone your PC will realize it correctly. For the loyal users out there, they might remember the USB Mass storage functionality which basically made your phone a USB once enabled. Well, that has been replaced due to obvious security concerns. However, the new versions do support “Media device (MTP)” which allows you to add or remove files from your internal storage. MTP drivers are always included with the stock Android phone software. ADB drivers and Fastboot drivers will need to be downloaded from the Android SDK (tutorial here). We have an entire section full of Android USB Drivers, but we have that covered as well for you below on how to download and install the drivers.
OnePlus 3T USB Drivers for Windows
Like we said, the USB drivers for OnePlus 3T are always bundled with the phone or MTP drivers are part of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Oxygen OS 3T.0 software that comes with the phone. For transferring media content, photos and other files from your phone, you need to have a USB-C cable (preferably the one you got with the phone) for the phone.
- Recommended: Download USB drivers for the OnePlus 3T here!
- Download OnePlus 3T USB drivers and install them.
- Connect your OnePlus 3T with the computer using that USB cable.
- Now wait for the computer to recognize the device.
- Several drivers including the modem, MTP service etc. will be installed automatically.
Once finished, you will see a new media device in My Computer. You can now transfer photos, music, videos or any other files from and to your OnePlus 3T USB memory.
OnePlus 3T USB Drivers for Mac
Connecting your OnePlus 3T USB memory on a Mac is also easy. If you have been a Nexus device user on a Mac previously, then this OnePlus 3T should be no different for you. Make sure you have a OnePlus 3T and a USB-C data cable (preferably, the one that came with the phone). Follow these quick steps:
- Recommended: Download USB drivers for the OnePlus 3T and install on your computer!
- Download Android File Transfer and install it on Mac OS X.
- Connect your OnePlus 3T with the USB cable.
- Wait for the phone to get connected.
- Android File Transfer window will automatically open up with your internal phone memory directories.
That’s it! Pretty easy solutions, eh? Let me know if you run into any problems and we’ll try our best to sort it out.
OnePlus 3T ADB / Fastboot Drivers for Windows & Mac
Now for those of you who plan on developing Android apps, testing, debugging or install any custom ROMs on the OnePlus 3T, you will need to have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed and working in your computer. We have done tutorials on how to set up ADB and Fastboot using Android SDK / Android Studio on Windows and Mac for any Android device. Read the following guides depending on your OS platform:
The above mentioned tutorials are very detailed and require you to set up Android Studio / Android SDK on your computer. If you want to skip the long tutorial and just want the SDK Platform Tools package with ADB and Fastboot in it, download that from here:
You can download ADB and Fastboot for the OnePlus 3T from the above mentioned link. Separate ZIP packages are available for Windows, Mac and Linux users. At the time of writing, the following packages were the latest available by Google:
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Again, for any help you need or if you get stuck with an issue, you can always contact us below in the comments and the team of Team Android will be happy to help you out.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the OnePlus 3T, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root OnePlus 3T: How to Root OnePlus 3T on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- TWRP Recovery: How to Update OnePlus 3T with TWRP Recovery.
- Install Marshmallow: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!