The newly announced XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat firmware is now available for installation on your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F. This firmware is a major upgrade for the smartphone as it upgrades the base Android version from 6.0 Marshmallow to the most latest 7.0 Nougat. This increase in version number results in more features and better performance. Not only that, Samsung has done its own changes with TouchWiz by introducing new features and tweaking already existing ones. As this update has just started rolling out this month, you can install it immediately on your phone through this guide. You can search for OTA(over-the-air) update or Samsung KIES / Smart Switch for XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat. For users outside the regions currently supported by Samsung’s services, they can use this guide to manually update. Our tutorial will enable you to install XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat directly on any internationally unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F. We have detailed each step on installing XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S7 G935F. You can easily update Galaxy S7 G930F to XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware– and also root Galaxy S7 G930F phone on this firmware. G930FXXU1DPLT is a complete unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 LTE G930F using ODIN. We have also given some tips on how to backup your phone data and have given some other important tips. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now in order to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
XXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Model name Galaxy S7
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 7
Build date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:22:52 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-01-01
Product code BTU
You might find these following Galaxy S7 G930F related articles interesting:
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Galaxy S7 LTE G930F on Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S7 – Complete Guide.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S7 custom ROMs, click here!
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy S7 LTE G930F, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy S7 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. You can now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S7 G930F to Android 7.0 XXU1DPLT official firmware update.