You can easily install the latest TWRP 3.0.2 custom recovery through this guide on your Samsung Galaxy J7. TeamWin, the team behind TWRP, has updated official binaries for the Samsung Galaxy J7 to latest 3.0.2 version. This iteration brings better support for Android Marshmallow and Nougat ROMs. Along with that, it adds new features and fixes underlying issues. As it is official, the reliability of this package is guaranteed and tested. In order to get this custom recovery installed on your phone, we would use ODIN software. TWRP 3.0.2 custom recovery for the Galaxy J7 is available to download from the high speed download link given below. For custom recoveries in themselves, they let you to flash other third-party packages such as ROMs and root bundles onto your phone. You can install TWRP 3.0.2 on the Samsung Galaxy J7 by simply following the guide below. Fast download link, screenshots and shortcuts are included in our article.
As you continue reading further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy J7 with TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery using ODIN. A custom recovery like TWRP 3.0.2 allows you to install custom ROMs, root Galaxy J7 , create system backups or restore your phone and most of all, you can easily install additional system tweaks as well. Make sure you backup all your data before trying out this tutorial below because we don’t want you to lose any data, and anything could go wrong unexpectedly. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
You might be interested in the following article as well:
- Root Galaxy J7: How to Root Galaxy J7 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware.
- Install Lollipop: How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy J7 custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery on Galaxy J7:
TWRP Touch Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given on the next page for those who want to install this custom recovery on their phones. Here are a few details about TWRP:
Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Our tutorial on the next page explains how you can install this TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery custom recovery on the following models of the Samsung Galaxy J7:
Samsung Galaxy J7 will be getting a huge list of custom ROMs, because of its popularity and most of them are installed using CWM or TWRP. Of course, you can always enjoy the added benefits of a custom recovery with TWRP 3.0.2.
Samsung Galaxy J7 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy J7 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Samsung Galaxy J7 with TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery.