Zephyr ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This ROM is deodexed, zipaligned, rooted and debloated for maximum performance. All these tweaks doesn’t interfere with the beautiful UI, making this ROM very stable, fast and smooth. If interested in Android 7.1.1 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Galaxy S5 G900F to ZephyrOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below. Your Galaxy S5 G900F LTE should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install ZephyrOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Galaxy S5 G900F LTE with complete steps. Don’t forget to read all the tips below that you have to keep in mind before proceeding. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
ZephyrOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing ZephyrOS custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in ZephyrOS is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy S5 G900F:
STATUSBAR -Carrier Label customisations -DT2S on statusbar/lockscreen -Quick Pulldown -AOSPA battery styles -Clock & Date customisation -Network Traffic indicator -status bar brightness control -Task Manager NAVIGATION/RECENTS -DT2S on navbar -recents panel search bar toggle -Clear all recents fab (top right/left/center,bottom right/left/center) -Hardware buttons action( for HWnavkeys devices only) -Disable HWKeys -Longpress recents button to switch between apps - DUI [Smartbar/Fling/Pulse] - Pulse advanced customization LOCKSCREEN -Middle Lockscreen shortcuts(Custom apps) -Quick unlock -Music seek control when screen locked -Volume rocker wake -LockScreen Music Visualizer -Music Visualizer custom colors -LockScreen bottom shortcuts NOTIFICATION DRAWER -Customize quick settings tiles(add/delete/rearrange) -Brightness slider toggle -Advanced QS location tile -Vibrate on touch -Four tiles per row toggle -toggle status bar icons -Time contextual Headers - Disable Quick Settings in secured lockscreen -Added all the required tiles MISCELLANEOUS - GESTURES (Hand Wave/Pocket mode) - Heads-up toggle - Dashboard switches - SUBSTRATUM for theming - Per app expanded desktop control - Multi window mode - Paranoid Android's Floating Window - Per app floating window control - FORCE MOVE apps to SDCARD - Download Speeds for your downloads - Ability to pause/resume downloads - Custom Ambient Display settings - AppOps/Privacy Guard - Reset Battery Stats option
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Samsung Galaxy S5, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery: How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6 on Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Install TWRP Recovery: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Root Galaxy S5: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F on Official Android Firmware.
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Samsung Galaxy S5 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this ZephyrOS ROM based on the latest Android 7.1.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung users can also back up data using Samsung KIES. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S5 G900F to ZephyrOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware.