BeanStalk custom firmware is back with Android 7.0 Nougat. They bring their latest ROM on OnePlus 3. This ROM provides the stock Android UI and animations so that you can get the core and most immersive Android experience. This ROM is made using CM14 build. It is also filled with a lot of features to play with and customise your device according to your need. Overall this a very stable ROM. And with that, you will be able to update OnePlus 3 to Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat using this complete tutorial. Not necessary, but it would be better if your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery will be needed to install Android 7.0 based Beanstalk ROM zip and Google Apps zip files, since this is not an official OnePlus firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Beanstalk ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this Android 7.0 Nougat based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing Beanstalk custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in Beanstalk is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your OnePlus 3:
- CyanogenMod 14 based
Built-in Task Manager switcher
App Circle bar
System UI Tuner
Quicker system animations
Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
Option to enable all widgets
Numerous extra lock screen options
Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
Custom BeanStalk boot animation by skyliner33v
3-minit battery support
Clock and date options
Contextual Header – Original and Polygraphic
Battery styles – Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
Do not disturb option
Show notification count
Recent screen options
Customizable navigation bar
Use Omniswitch as default recent
Built-in screen record
App Circle bar
Disable FC warnings
Disable Immersive message
Force expanded Notifications
Configure scrolling cache
Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
Less frequent Notification sounds options
CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
Enable/disable wake up on charge option
Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
CM Performance options and features
Hide superuser icon
Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the*
awesomeness of existing CM layout.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the OnePlus 3, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Root OnePlus 3: How to Root OnePlus 3 on Official Firmware.
- OnePlus 3 TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3 – Complete Guide.
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3 Android Phone.
- Install Nougat: How to Install Try and Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of OnePlus 3 custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Beanstalk ROM based on the latest Android 7.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now.
OnePlus 3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for OnePlus 3 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update OnePlus 3 to Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat custom firmware.
NOTE: There is a helpful tips section at the bottom of this guide to help you backup your entire phone as all your data will be wiped clean during the installation of this ROM. We want to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
TUTORIAL: How to Install Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat on OnePlus 3
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat custom firmware on OnePlus 3. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your One, then this should not be any different for you.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. And before you proceed below, make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.0 Beanstalk ROM on OnePlus 3. Please do not try on any other variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this Beanstalk ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your OnePlus 3 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 7.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the file is in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together. Alternatively, read this: How to Enter Recovery Mode on OnePlus 3.
NOTE: Screenshots of the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP Recovery) may change as new versions are released.
Step 6 – Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 8 – Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now as show below.
Step 10 – Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 11 – You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 3 should now have Android 7.0 Beanstalk Nougat custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.