Google’s new Android Studio 2.1 is now available for download and installation on your PC. The brand is moving away from its old SDK and IDE (Integrated Development Environment) towards a more robust and integrated Android Studio. While functioning as an SDK, Android Studio 2.1 also works as an IDE and an emulator. Previously, all of this functionality was scattered into different packages. Also, through this Studio version, you can get the newest Android 7.0 Nougat and try it on your computer as well. You can download Android Studio 2.1 right now from visiting Google Developer page.
The new updated Android Studio 2.1 brings support for all latest Android platforms such as Android Wear and Android TV which serve alongside the mainstream mobile OS. Latest APIs have been included in this program as well. For developers who are looking for an even more detailed look into Android Studio and features that Android Studio 2.1 brings can read the detailed guide right below.
- HOW TO: Set Up and Install Android 7.0 Nougat Emulator on Android Studio 2.1
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M Factory Images for Nexus Devices
Android Studio 2.1 Features List:
Here is a brief overview into the new features which Android Studio 2.1 will contain.
- Instant Run – Push code and resource changes to your app running on a device or emulator and see the changes instantly come to life. Instant Run dramatically speeds up your edit, build, and run cycles, keeping you “in the flow.”
- Fast and feature-rich emulator – Install and run your apps faster than with a physical device and test your app on virtually any Android device configuration: Android phones, Android tablets, Android Wear, and Android TV devices. The new Android Emulator 2.0 is faster than ever and allows you to dynamically resize the emulator and access a suite of sensor controls.
- Robust and flexible build system – Easily configure your project to include code libraries and generate multiple build variants from a single project. With Gradle, Android Studio offers high-performance build automation, robust dependency management, and customizable build configurations
- Develop for all Android devices – Target multiple form factors with a single project to easily share code among your different versions of your app. Android Studio provides a unified environment to develop apps for Android phones, tablets, Android Wear, Android TV, and Android Auto.
- Code templates and GitHub integration – Start projects with code templates for patterns such as navigation drawer and view pagers, or import Google code samples from GitHub. Android Studio’s project wizards make it easier than ever to add code in a new project.